Intent to Multiply
We seek to multiply disciples and churches, to make disciple-making disciples, and plant church-planting churches.
Here are Bible commands which drive us to this emphasis on multiplication.
- Reaching the nations: To make disciples from all nations, we understand that a path God has chosen for the Church is to make multiplying disciples. (Mat 28:19-20, Luke 24:17, Jn 20:21, and Ac 1:8)
- Recursive Discipling: God calls elders to make multiplying disciples of Jesus. (1 Tim 2:15)
- Exponential Fruits: When God's word is planted in a fertile heart, an exponential multiplication of fruits can be produced. (Mark 4:20 )
Besides, the Scripture, we have learned the following, from experience.
- It takes a diversity (hence a multiplicity) of churches, to meet the spiritual needs of a diverse population (e.g. that of Rockland).
- Similar churches, amidst a sufficiently large community, can meet different parts of the community's needs.
- The spiritual health of churches vary, with time and geography.
- In 2022, and in Orleans, Rockland, and Hawkesbury:
- God has established churches (praise Him for pioneering labor);
- churches focusing on disciple making are scarce;
- churches focusing on church planting are also scarce.
We therefore seek to plant multiplying churches, each making multiplying disciples, in Orleans, Rockland, and Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada. One step at a time, according to God's grace, we will achieve this goal, with God's provisions, by training, recruiting, and sending disciple-making missionaries.