Gospel Partnership in the City
Referring to his followers, Jesus said: "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another" (Jn 13:35). Referring to Jesus' followers, Paul wrote: "speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ" (Eph 4:15).
The New Testament describes as partnership the relationship between many servants of Jesus.
- [Rom 16:3, 9, 21 ESV] 3 Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, ... 9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my beloved Stachys. ... 21 Timothy, my fellow worker, greets you; so do Lucius and Jason and Sosipater, my kinsmen.
[1Co 3:9 ESV] 9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.
[2Co 1:24 ESV] 24 Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, for you stand firm in your faith.
[2Co 8:23 ESV] 23 As for Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker for your benefit. And as for our brothers, they are messengers of the churches, the glory of Christ.
[Phl 2:25 ESV] 25 I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need,
[Phl 4:3 ESV] 3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
[Col 4:11 ESV] 11 and Jesus who is called Justus. These are the only men of the circumcision among my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and they have been a comfort to me.
[1Th 3:2 ESV] 2 and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith,
[Phm 1:1, 24 ESV] 1 Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our beloved fellow worker ... 24 and so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke, my fellow workers.
[3Jo 1:8 ESV] 8 Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth.
- [Phl 2:25 ESV] 25 I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need,
[Phm 1:2 ESV] 2 and Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house:
- [Col 1:7 ESV] 7 just as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf
[Col 4:7 ESV] 7 Tychicus will tell you all about my activities. He is a beloved brother and faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord.
[Rev 6:11 ESV] 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
Here are specific steps we take, to promote unity in Jesus and Great Commission partnership, between followers serving in distinct local churches which uphold the biblical Gospel of Jesus (1 Cor 15:3-4).
- Commit: We commit to speak truth in love, and to avoid intentional implicit and explicit slander. We may discuss issues earnestly, but we commit to respect and honor people. We specifically commit to refrain from slandering leaders of other local churches.
- We promote prayer between local neighborung church leaders, by participating in such events or organizing such activities.
- We promote regular prayer for nearby local neighboring churches, by gathering prayer requests from these churches and leading our members to pray for these churches on a regular basis.
- Collab: We promote inter-church work to support initiatives to bless nearby local communities (e.g. food drives, pajama drives, and school backpack drives).